Friday, June 4, 2010

Week Day Easy Slow Cooker Beef Casserole

My favorite thing about owning a slow cooker is dinner is ready as soon as you walk in the door at the end of the day. I like leaving home in the morning knowing I have done the best for my family by taking 5-10 minutes to prepare a healthy, delicious, nutritious meal from scratch for them! It gets my day off to a great start, and it makes sure the hardest part of the meal is done, which means that when I get home dinner almost ready. Just have to fix some vegetables, salad and rice or mash and it's serving time. I usually cook double the amount of rice, pasta or mashed potatoes so I'm not having to prepare them each night - so much quicker to reheat than start from scratch!

Regardless of whether you cook for just you or for a few, you will find this size slow cooker lets you prepare up to 5 servings of chili, stew, soup, casserole - or cook up to a 4 pound pot roast or roast chicken.

One of my other favorite things about slow cooker cooking is you can use cheaper cuts of meat and serve the most flavorsome, delicious, heart-warming casseroles that your family will be lining up for more!  Like this quick and easy beef casserole...

Easy Slow Cooker Beef Casserole

Serves 5-6

1-½ lbs beef casserole meat
3 Tbsp flour
1 tsp dried thyme
1-½ Tbsp wholegrain mustard
2 Tbsp soy sauce
3 tsp dried beef stock
1-¼ Cups boiling water
2 bay leaves

Pre-heat the slow cooker while you prepare the ingredients.
Trim the meat of any fat and cut in to 1 inch cubes.
In the slow cook base, combine the flour, thyme, mustard, soy sauce, beef stock powder and then add boiling water, stir until smooth, then add the meat and combine, add bay leaves.

Cover and cook on high for 4½ – 5½ hours or low for 9-11 hours.

From a Previous Post: Can't Decide What Size Slow Cooker to Buy? 3 in 1 Slow Cooker – A Crock Pot with Multiple Inserts  |  Lemon Rosemary Chicken Breast

To read my full review of this slow cooker, follow this link:  Slow Cooker Review
More slow cooker reviews are available from www.slowcookersandcrockpots.net

To check out my easy crock pot recipe collection on my website, follow this link: free recipes!


No comments:

Post a Comment