Friday, May 14, 2010

I Love My New Crock Pot!

When I was researching this crock pot for this blog post, I came across a testimonial from a delighted customer that pretty much sums up the reasons this slow cooker is an essential kitchen appliance for a modern cook and those they feed!

“A friend of mine is an expert cook and she swears by her crock pot. I decided to give it a shot. I researched models, and decided that this large size, easy to program model was a good fit. I was right.

The first dish I made was chili, the second stuffed peppers, the third was navy been, beef brisket, chicken & sausage gumbo, then I moved on to steel cut oatmeal, unstuffed crock pot cabbage, and am cooking up a sausage chicken dish as I write this.

Each dish has turned out better than the last. Here's the surprising thing: I NEVER COOK, ever. My husband does all the cooking. No one is more surprised than I am that I am cooking and the food is amazing. The unstuffed crock pot cabbage is a family specialty and the crockpot made the dish better than anyone has so far.

For non-cooks, I completely recommend this Crock pot! If someone actually knows how to cook, I only imagine that the flavor is even better.

The controls - simple to use. Cooks evenly. The size is perfect for our family (4 people) with plenty of leftovers. Easy to clean. The best part is that I am able to make a meal for my family before the unexpected craziness of the day starts. This crock pot has changed they way I think about slow cookers, and changed the way I think of myself as a cook.” 
- by Jessica Marlowe, CT – customer review is courtesy of Amazon.com


Crockpot SCVT650-PS 6-1/2-Quart Programmable Touch Screen Slow Cooker, Stainless

Enjoy healthy, home-cooked meals even with a busy schedule thanks to this easy-to-use oval-shaped slow cooker. A nice size when cooking for 8 or 9 people, the 6-1/2 quart slow cooker can hold a 7 pound roast and works well for making roasts, soups, casseroles, stews, curries, and much more.

Simply add ingredients to the unit's stoneware crock, insert it in the cooker, set the glass lid in place, and program the cooking time from 30 minutes to 20 hours using the eLume touchscreen control panel. Its digital timer counts down the time remaining, and the appliance automatically shifts to keep-warm mode at the end of the cooking time. The digital timer also keeps track of time spent in keep-warm mode, counting up in one-minute increments for up to six hours.

Thoughtfully designed, the removable stoneware crock doubles as a serving dish and, along with its lid, cleans up easily by hand or in the dishwasher. Other highlights include a polished stainless-steel exterior, a large-loop lid handle, and stylish metal side handles with silicone stay-cool wraps for safe transport. Not sure what to cook first? CrockPot throws in a bonus cookbook with a range of delicious recipe ideas.

Here is the Crock Pot Cabbage recipe from the Crockpot SCVT650-PS 6-1/2-Quart Programmable Touch Screen Slow Cooker instruction manual:

Smoked Sausage with Cabbage and Apples
1-1/2 lbs. smoked sausage, cut into 2 inch lengths
3 cooking apples, thickly sliced
1/2 head of red cabbage, shredded
1 onion, sliced
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/2 cup apple juice
Layer the sausage, apples, cabbage and onion in the Crock-Pot Slow Cooker in the order listed above.
Sprinkle the brown sugar, salt and black pepper on top.
Pour the apple juice over all the other ingredients, do not stir. Cover; cook on Low for 6-8 hours or on High for 3-4 hours.


If cabbage rolls are regularly of the menu at your house, then you will love this unstuffed crock pot cabbage recipe - it's a lot less time consuming to prepare, but still has that wonderful comfort food taste you crave.  Plus when you prepare it in your Crockpot SCVT650-PS 6-1/2-Quart Programmable Touch Screen Slow Cooker dinner will be ready as soon as everyone walks in the door!


Previous Post: 3 in 1 Slow Cooker – A Crock Pot with Multiple Insert  |  Lemon Rosemary Chicken Breast

To read my full review of this slow cooker, follow this link: Crock Pot SCVT650-PS Slow Cooker
More slow cooker reviews are available from www.slowcookersandcrockpots.net

To check out my easy crock pot recipe collection on my website, follow this link: free recipes!

1 comment:

  1. Nice crock pot! I love using mine, but will need a new one soon.

    ReplyDelete